I couldn't make much sense of what Nas was trying to say in umpteen Instagram captions the other day, or the fact that he would release such a statement, for that matter. but I don't have a problem believing that he didn't really put a shoe on Kelis, and that she's just dragging his name through the mud because she doesn't want him to have joint custody.
Nas was contacted the other day by Essence magazine, which is apparently still a thing and probably still white-owned. I guess they were writing an article about Kelis in 2018, as one does, and they called Nas to get his side of the story. They probably saw the YouTube video Kelis did with some obscure blog, in which she alleges that Nas used to get wasted and break a foot off in her ass.
I can believe that Nas drinks to excess on the reg, because of the album he did with Kanye, and it makes sense that he could have gotten drunk and gone upside Kelis' head without remembering it, which, at the very least, would mean that he wasn't intentionally lying when he said, on Instagram the other day, that he only beats women in court, but where is the proof that he's been physically abusive?
A few things to consider:
1) You'd think that this would have come up in the hearings, in March, in which Nas was granted joint custody of Knight Rider Jones.
2) Now that Nas has joint custody of his son he probably doesn't have to pay as much in child support, since the kid is with him half the time anyway.
3) Since Nas was granted joint custody it's been revealed that he supposedly made $40 million from a company that makes doorknobs with cameras on them.
4) Kelis has gone kinda jowly, like she consumes a lot of calories from alcohol, and almost certainly couldn't snag another high net worth spouse.
5) Knight Rider Jones is getting to that age where he can probably sense that his mother is on some ol' bullshit, and of course she resents that.