Rap music, anyone? Me neither, at least not so much these days. I'm sure part of it's that I'm getting older (I'm damn near in my late 20s), but I had a pretty hard time coming up with the following list, for XXL, of the 10 best rap albums of the year so far. I almost scrapped the whole thing altogether and went with another post on Superhead or something.
The ten best rap albums of the year so far:
- Black Milk - Popular Demand
- Brother Ali - The Undisputed Truth
- El-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead
- Evidence - The Weatherman LP
- KRS-One & Marley Marl - Hip Hop Lives
- Pharoahe Monch - Desire
- Phat Kat - Carte Blanche
- Prodigy - Return of the Mac
- Redman - Red Gone Wild
- Talib Kweli - Ear Drum
What do you 'bags think? Shitty year? Bad list? Anything missing?